We are excited to share just a few of the ways your gifts of time, talent, and dollars have helped to support pediatric oncology families in our community during 2015:
- Delivered over 650 meals to patients and their families at Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital to allow families the precious moments with each other and their child;
- Distributed 20 Claire packages to newly diagnosed families;
- Hosted a Holiday Toy Shop for parents to give gifts to every child in their family – totaling over $1,500 in support;
- Provided over $5,000 in gas and grocery gift cards to offset transportation and grocery costs;
- Secured a vehicle on Christmas Eve for a patient who had not had a car in over 18 months;
- Assisted with more than $10,000 worth of emergent needs – mortgage/rent/utilities;
- Supported monthly ALL OUT group for teens with dinner and programming needs;
- Provided miscellaneous assistance to 25 different families in the greater Charlotte area based on each family’s specific needs; and
- Rallied over 3,000 people to join Claire’s Army to help families in the fight!
We would not be able to help support families as we are in their fight against childhood cancer without your generous support. We know that Claire is so proud of the work that the Army is doing and is thankful for your part in it.
We look forward to sharing more stories of impact in the near future. To follow us throughout the year, please “like” Claire’s Army on Facebook.