We are hiring!
Claire’s Army is looking for competent and caring new team member.
Operations Manager Position – Full-time
The position of Operations Manager is primarily responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures, while supporting all mission-related events, in order to achieve and/or exceed annual recruitment and revenue goals. This position will also serve as the face of the Claire’s Army office, welcoming guests and making all donors and participants feel supported and valued. Additionally, this position supports the overall organization through event process assistance throughout the year.
- Serve as the first point of contact for phone, email, and social media
- Responsible for volunteer intake ensuring potential recruits understand how they can get involved, requirements, and key opportunities
- Respond to and/or forward all telephone calls and firstname.lastname@example.org emails during office hours
- Administer fundraising event (2 major events annually) platform by supporting all participants with platform needs and by training and assisting volunteer staff as needed.
- Manage Dropbox platform, folders, and materials for document retention
- Support with data entry and task assignment
- Support donor stewardship by administering and executing donor acknowledgement processes (phone, hand-written, form letters, etc.) as well as sponsorship support
- Purchase and manage inventory and budgets of promotional items, marketing supplies, program materials, and event supplies
- Collaborate with Executive Director on event series expansion efforts
- Receive and enter donations, matching gifts and sponsorship checks via remote bank deposit
- Support all Committee and Board of Directors meetings by setting up calendar meetings, printing packets, and reserving space
- Manage event and program volunteers including ensuring waivers, orientation and assignments
- Attend and support Annual Pancake Breakfast, Gala, and other organized Claire’s Army events, from set up through event tear down
- Represent Claire’s Army at third-party events throughout the year
- Work involves occasional nights and weekends
- Commit to excellent customer service
- Commit to other duties as they may be assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- BA or BS degree required – preferably in business, marketing, or communications
- Non-profit organization and event experience required (minimum 2-3 years)
- Non-profit donor database management/CRM software experience required (minimum 1-2 years)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented, problem solving skills
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Claire’s Army is a mission driven organization, with our focus dedicated to serving our families lead by the spirit and heart of our founder and angel in heaven, Claire Ratliff. Our mission and the way we execute it is personal, specific to each family and situation, and vitally important for those we serve. To be successful, the candidate that serves in this role must be emotionally invested, passionately dedicated to the health and welfare of children and families and driven to creatively problem solve in a fast-paced high impact environment. A self-starter looking to change the way cancer treatment is experienced by children and families will make their mark on the Charlotte community in this role. By joining this team, you are joining a family of warriors, you are joining our Army, and you need to be ready to fight.
Email a cover letter and resume to Karen Rice.
Claire’s Army is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.